Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 17 - Ramen Baked Potato

Baked Potato Ramen
I worked from home today so I had some time to make a decent dinner for the family. For breakfast I had coffee and for lunch I had some more of the amazing Trader Joe's Miso Ginger Broth and Somen noodles. I really like the texture of these noodles. I went and bought some more and tomorrow I will be making Ramen for the whole family. My daughter eats meat so she had me buy a fish cake and some pork to cook for her Ramen.

For dinner I made the family some baked potatoes. I was getting bummed when I was cooking because I wanted a baked potato. It's getting cold here and will be raining tonight so what better food for that weather. Then I got the brilliant idea, Ramen Baked Potato!

Oh yeah, gourmet Ramen Potato
I used the Nissin Ramen and cooked it and let it sit to soak up the broth. Then I drained the remaining broth so it wouldn't just coup up the potato. I put some butter on the potato and some bacon bits then topped the whole thing with broccoli and cauliflower and some sauteed mushrooms and garlic with basil.

Sauteed mushroom with garlic and basil
My family was disgusted. My daughter didn't like her potato anyway because I didn't have any cheese or sour cream. She doesn't like healthy baked potatoes I guess. My wife saw me cooking the Ramen and asked if I was going to have some Ramen with our potatoes and I said no it was going to be on it. She thought I was kidding until I brought it to the table. Then she was disturbed.

It was actually very good. I may try incorporating some other normal food with Ramen in the future since this turned out so well. What do you think I should put Ramen on/in next?

No comments:

Post a Comment