Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 10 - What is this pink thing?


Juice for breakfast, pineapple and grapefruit
At breakfast time I chop up some pineapple and peel some grapefruits and run them through the blender for a nice eye opening juice. I friend of mine who is no longer with us gave me this juice recipe. You juice the whole pineapple too, rind and all. It's supposed to be good for joint pain and my wife says it helps with her's. I just like the taste and it makes a good breakfast juice.

Vegetarian Noodles, Kim Ve Wong
I'm pretty busy right now at work and even though I got to work from home today I still had lots to do. I was looking for a quick and easy meal so I could get back to my pile of stuff. I picked this rather large bowl of "Vegetarian instant noodle mixed flavor".

The large packet is fresh (well as fresh as they could be) vegetables
The noodles came with multiple packets of flavoring and vegetables. I used the stuff it came with but the vegetables were barely recognizable. I have no idea what the pink things were so I pulled them all out of the soup. I also steamed my own mix of veggies to add to the bowl.

Ramen with the veggies that came with it
I took the bowl that it came with and dumped it into one of my new Ramen bowls that had a cat on it. You can see it below peeking it's head out from behind the vegetables.

Kitty cat bowl, he's hugging my food
The soup was very good but the pink things were scary. I didn't try it so I couldn't tell you how it tastes or the texture. If you know what it is please comment below.

What the hell is that pink thing?
For dinner I made my wife mole enchiladas filled with zuchini, peppers, and onions with spanish rice and refried beans. OMG I wanted to eat this instead. I was in a hurry tonight as well because I had somewhere to be. I grabbed some vegan beef and tossed in a bowl of Kung Fu Ramen with no extra veggies. It was passable for a fast meal but nothing like that mole enchilada plate my wife had.

Ramen with nothing added but the vegan beef
It's times when I am rushed that I feel are the hardest to stay the course on this diet. It's so easy to make the meal for the family and then fix myself the same thing. Cooking a new meal just for me can be a pain when I am in a hurry. Not having vegetables with this dinner was a bummer but I was pressed for time so the re-hydrated stuff you see above was my only option.

Thanks for checking in. What do you do in a rush?

No comments:

Post a Comment