Friday, February 21, 2014

Day 12 - Lemon Flavored Yuck

Lemon is strong with this one
For breakfast I had my usual coffee and juice. My work had an office meeting and bought tiny burritos which I loved but the girl who buys them knew I was doing Ramen and didn't buy any vegetarian ones. I dodged a bullet because I love these mini burritos and would have definitely ate some with the fresh guacamole.

The aroma was worse than the bite
I was surprised at lunch by the strength of the lemon smell from this Ramen. I should have expected it since it has lemon in the title but I was taken aback. I was able to get past it and finish the bowl since the smell was stronger than the taste. If it had tasted as lemony as it smelled there's no way I could have finished it. I am ok with lemon in sweet things but not my hot Ramen lunch.

OMG The sodium!
So after yesterday and the realization that I am eating probably too much salt, I started looking today. For dinner I found this packet of Nissin regular flavor has over my daily allowance of Sodium. I only put a small amount of the flavor packet so I can hopefully save myself the heart attack.

Broccoli, tofu, green onion, cabbage, and asparagus
Even with only a small amount of the flavoring this Ramen was very tasty tonight. I am really loving the fresh tofu. Make sure you use only the extra firm tofu or it will fall apart in the Ramen.

Ramen at the computer while I am blogging
The one thing about eating Ramen, it is always very filling. Thanks for checking in. Let me know if you want me to mention anything specific about this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment