Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 16 - Bland and Full of Salt

Looks good, but tasted borring
Another AM/PM coffee and I was racing to work. Today seemed to go ok but a little out of whack. Work is a tad chaotic recently due to our staffing shortages but I've gotten used to plate spinning. I wonder if that could be a good circus act to use to run away with?

Today's lunch was some healthier organic Ramen, and boy did it taste like it. I don't know if I maybe used too much water or that the seasoning was just too boring, but it wasn't great.This was probably one of the most flat Ramen tastes I've had so far. Even the noodles looked boring.

Whole wheat noodles? Why are they brown?
Dinner on Tuesday nights is usually with a bunch of my friends. We meet at random restaurants and eat and talk. Tonight I will eat first and then go to the meet up to hang out and watch everyone else eat while I drink my tea. I would cancel but I drive my nephew who comes as well so I'm stuck for another two weeks watching people eat food I want to eat.

Ol' reliable
For dinner I needed something that I knew was going to taste good. Lunch had been so underwhelming that it bummed me out. I added all the same vegetables and some tofu and went full seasoning packet instead of a partial. After I ate I went out to eat with all my friends to a local dive burger joint. I watched them all eat greasy burgers and fries dipped in ranch. I didn't have any cash on me so I didn't feel like busting out the ATM card for just a tea so I just sat and talked. Afterwards it was a friend of mine's birthday and there was cake.

Sometimes being on a silly diet that has no point is a bummer. Has any one else out there has this kind of experience? Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment