Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Day 23 - Vegan Duck Ramen

Vegan duck substitute 
For lunch today I found a great restaurant on Yelp. it was near the place I was working and had other options for the guys I had to take out to eat. We drove over and I was looking forward to having a big bowl of fresh Ramen. When we got there it was shut down. There wasn't even the hint of an old Ramen place, it was vacant. So I had to take the guys to a pizza buffet that was next door to the empty suite. I had a salad.

When in doubt salad it is
For dinner the family was microwaving some food so I decided to make the vegetarian duck that I had bought a week ago at 99 Ranch. I cooked it in the frying pan with a little soy sauce and some mushroom oyster sauce (fake oyster).

Fake duck fried with soy sauce and mushroom fake oyster sauce
When I opened the can my wife turned up her nose at it. I have always liked fake duck so I was looking forward to it.

Not so appetizing in the can
I cooked up my usual Ramen fare and added the duck to the top. It was very good and I need to buy some more of that. I always like to have a little protein for substance in my Ramen and after awhile tofu is just freakin' boring.

Fake duck Ramen with veggies
Even though I didn't get Ramen for lunch for the past two days this duck made it all a success. You have to roll with the punches when you're doing something out of the ordinary. Thanks for checking in. What did you have to overcome that was out of the ordinary?

No comments:

Post a Comment